Leadership & Administrative Experience (26 years):
- Dean of an Innovative Early-College Program (Missouri Academy) at Northwest Missouri State University: Providing guidance and supervision in the following areas: curriculum development and academic progress, student development, student recruitment, budgeting, facility support, developing rapport with all stakeholders (including students, parents, sending school districts, the Northwest community, government agencies, the universities and colleges that Missouri Academy graduates attend, and future employers), securing external support/writing grant proposals for funding, and travelling overseas regularly for recruiting and developing institutional partnerships.
- Founding Director of the Honors Program at the Northwest Missouri State University, I led faculty in designing the curriculum for the Honors Program and the development of a successful vision for the success of the program.
- Senior Associate for Academic Affairs at the Missouri Department of Higher Education: Reviewed and evaluated all new and existing academic degree programs at Missouri’s public and independent institutions of higher education to ensure viability and quality, and developed supportive statewide policy.
- Director of the Title II Professional Development Program for the State of Missouri: Managed all aspects of state Title II federal funding to support professional development of K-12 Mathematics and Science teachers. Developed a program that awarded competitive grants for schools that designed and implemented professional development projects.
- Commissioner’s Associate for Life Sciences at the Missouri Department of Higher Education: Coordinated Missouri’s life science initiatives and collaborated with Missouri’s colleges and universities, other state agencies and the life sciences industry agents on data analysis and policy development to address workforce supply and demand issues.
- As member of the Extended Leadership Team at Northwest Missouri State University for over a 6-year period, I participated in the development of new mission/vision and the strategic planning model at University. This strategic planning model has since been a successfully cornerstone in creating performance targets and measurable goals.
- As member of the Board for the Heartland Foundation, I participated in activities that promote the Board’s role as a catalyst, convener and connector to championing education and empowering people to build healthy communities in northern Missouri.
- As a member of the Board of Trustees for the Advanced Academy of Georgia (an early-college program for high-performing high school students at the University of West Georgia in Carrollton, GA), I created tools for the assessment of the effectiveness of early-college programs.